© 2020 – 2024 AEA3 WEB | AEAƎ United Kingdom News
AEA3 WEB | AEAƎ United Kingdom News
Image default
News

Landlord admits it made assumptions about family in mouldy Rochdale flat

Rochdale Boroughwide Housing says ‘we got that wrong’ after two-year-old killed by exposure to mould

The landlord of the flat lived in by a two-year-old boy who died because of long-term exposure to mould has admitted it made false assumptions about his family’s lifestyle when they raised complaints.

Awaab Ishak’s parents, who originally came from Sudan, last week accused Rochdale Boroughwide Housing (RBH) of racism over its handling of the damp and fungus they faced. The landlord failed to fix the mould or improve ventilation despite complaints and had suggested issues such as bathing habits and cooking techniques might be a cause when they were not.

Continue reading…

Related posts

Chinese weather balloon spotted near Taiwan a month ahead of presidential election

AEA3

UK will be 15 years late in hitting £1tn annual export target, figures show

AEA3

UK EuroMillions ticket-holder wins £171m jackpot

AEA3