South Korea records most cases since March; New Zealand records six new cases; WHO hopes pandemic will finish in less than two years. Follow latest updates
- Dozens of schools report infections in Berlin
- Horror at neglect of woman from Melbourne care home
- PNG bans Chinese workers ‘given experimental vaccine’
- Tour de France: teams to be expelled if two test positive
- See all our coronavirus coverage
The French government has delayed by a week the implementation of a €100bn coronavirus recovery package, AFP reports.
Businesses had eagerly awaited details of the new shot in the arm for the eurozone’s second-largest economy, trailed for 25 August, and government spokesman Gabriel Attal said it was “ready”.
Here’s a round up of the latest developments: