Fauci says Americans may still be wearing masks in 2022; UK speeds up vaccination plan; WHO calls on Tanzania to act
- Fauci laments ‘historic’ Covid toll as US nears 500,000 deaths
- England roadmap out of lockdown revealed
- UK: changing events could put brakes on recovery roadmap, says minister
- Israel’s use of Covid vaccines in prisoner swap deal sparks row
- See all our coronavirus coverage
Vanuatu and New Caledonia will open a safe travel corridor between the two countries – a ‘tamtam bubble’ between the Melanesian neighbours.
Vanuatu prime minister Bob Loughman said the travel bubble will open in April, with travel initially limited, at Vanuatu’s end, to the main island of Efate.
Coronavirus vaccines are being rolled out across Australia in what experts says marks the start of the “final phase of the pandemic”.
Those at the highest risk of infection, including quarantine and health hotel workers, frontline health staff and airport and port workers, were the first to receive it on Monday:
Related: Hope for normality as Pfizer’s Covid vaccine rolled out to priority groups across Australia