- Biden promises to use federal resources to help Texas
- US rejoins Paris climate accord
- Anti-Ted Cruz outrage shows little sign of abating
- Texas faces dwindling food supplies amid Arctic conditions
- Sign up to receive First Thing – our daily briefing by email
Notably, Joe Biden is also promising to use the force of the federal government to help Texas.
NEW: Pres. Biden says he will make a “major disaster declaration” for Texas to unlock more FEMA resources, after speaking with Gov. Abbott last night.
Says he will sign the declaration this afternoon.
“The answer is yes,” Biden says if he has plans to go to Texas. But adds he doesn’t want to be a burden.
And again, this speech is making clear that this is indeed a different president with a different foreign policy worldview. Joe Biden in his speech has reaffirmed the United States’ commitment to Nato and warned about Russia.
Biden on Russia: “Putin seeks to weaken the European project and our NATO alliance. He wants to undermine the transatlantic unity and our resolve.”
“It’s so much easier for the Kremlin to bully & intimidate individual states.”