- Each committee member will get 20 minutes to speak
- Barrett dodges abortion and healthcare questions
- Trump and Biden offer different visions of US role in world
- Trump in trouble as Florida’s seniors shift towards Biden
- Sign up for Fight to Vote – our weekly US election newsletter
During his questioning of Amy Coney Barrett, Republican Chuck Grassley made the bizarre claim that Democrats “don’t really care about Obamacare.”
“This is all a charade. It’s time to get real. This is all just a distraction,” Grassley said. “They want government-run Medicare for All.”
Chuck Grassley, the former Republican chairman of the Senate judiciary committee, asked Amy Coney Barrett about allowing cameras in the supreme court.
Currently, cameras are not allowed during the supreme court’s proceedings, a practice that has attracted some criticism for lack of transparency.