Chancellor announces ‘job support scheme’ to subsidise wages of people in work; VAT cut extended for hospitality and tourism sector until end of March
- Government to cover 22% of worker pay for six months
- Key points from Rishi Sunak’s winter economy plan – at a glance
- Almost 10,000 a day contracting Covid in UK, Hancock says
- Users report issues as Covid-19 app launches
- Global coronavirus live: latest updates
Related: Key points from Rishi Sunak’s winter economy plan – at a glance
This is from Sky’s Tom Boadle, quoting from the Treasury briefing on the new job support scheme. The grant per worker will be capped at £697.92 per month, it says.
The Job Support Scheme will be capped at £697.92 per month.
Here’s the Government’s “support for workers” in full: pic.twitter.com/jALDpyavhr