News updates: health secretary signals access to testing could be prioritised for those most in need; just 1% of deaths in England and Wales linked to Covid, ONS says
- Two families of four chatting in street ‘would break English Covid laws’
- PM was warned over Covid ‘moonshot’ testing plan
- UK redundancies rise at fastest rate since 2009
- UK map: confirmed Covid cases and deaths today
- Coronavirus – latest updates
Jeremy Hunt, the chair of the Commons health committee, said a week ago Hancock said it would take two weeks to sort out these delays. He asked if Hancock still thought he would be able to sort this out within a week from now.
Hancock said that he thought this could be sorted out within a matter of weeks.
Matt Hancock, the health secretary, is responding to the urgent question on coronavirus now.
He starts by saying cases are going up around the world. France and Spain are recording more than 10,000 cases daily. And the UK had 2,600 new cases daily.