Italy, Austria and Hungary report no-shows for appointments as France, Germany and Sweden also register public resistance
- Macron proposes vaccine plan as UK prepares to host G7
- South African variant could cut Pfizer antibody protection by two-thirds
- Brazil health workers accused of giving vaccinations with empty syringes
- UK coronavirus updates – live
- See all our coronavirus coverage
Reported daily coronavirus infections have been falling across the world for a month and on Tuesday hit their lowest since mid-October, figures that suggest the seasonality of the virus show.
But optimism over a way out of the crisis has been tempered by new variants of the virus, raising fears about the efficacy of vaccines, Reuters reports.
Airbus plummeted to a loss of more than €1bn last year and will continue to withhold shareholder payouts after deliveries of its aircraft fell by a third. The European aerospace giant warned aircraft would remain under pressure in the year ahead amid a “volatile environment” created by the coronavirus pandemic.
Airbus delivered 566 commercial aircraft in 2020, down sharply from 863 the year before, and expects to deliver the same number in 2021.
Related: Airbus reports loss of €1bn after Covid, and could shed 15,000 jobs