Latest updates: PM spokesman says social distancing rules were followed at N0 10 meeting as four more MPs now in self-isolation
- Second vaccine candidate almost 95% effective, trials show
- Operation Moonshot: ‘Like building Channel tunnel without engineers’
- Boris Johnson ‘bursting with antibodies’ as he is told to self-isolate
- How did it happen? PM’s meeting with Covid-positive MP
- Global coronavirus updates – live
Hancock says the Moderna results today are encouraging.
But he stresses that these are preliminary results. And the vaccine would not be available until next spring, he says.
Hancock is now talking about the expansion of testing being rolled out.
He says he is pleased a pilot that will allow relatives to visit care homes has just started.