Volunteers help clean up damaged streets as officials begin blame game over ammonium nitrate storage
- What we know so far
- Beirut explosion: anger at officials grows after missed warnings
The death toll from a massive blast at Beirut’s port has risen again to 137, as the Lebanese army took control of the site on the first day of a two-week state of emergency.
The new casualty figures on Thursday morning include at least 5,000 injured and a health ministry spokesman said dozens were still missing. “This toll is not final,” he said.