- Biden’s lead over Trump in the popular vote surpasses 5m
- ‘An embarrassment’: Biden criticizes Trump’s refusal to concede
- Pompeo promises smooth transition to ‘second Trump administration’
- Conservative supreme court justices suggest Obamacare will be upheld
- The misinformation media machine amplifying Trump’s election lies
- Sign up to receive First Thing – our daily briefing by email
Here’s where the day stands so far:
Ivanka Trump, the president’s daughter and senior adviser, celebrated her father’s victory in Alaska, after the AP called the race.
BREAKING: President Trump and Senate Republicans win Alaska, overwhelmingly and by a massive 20 point spread!
Put AK in the books for @realDonaldTrump! Congratulations Senator @DanSullivan_AK!
Thank you Alaska! https://t.co/pr7Gz0S7q1