Latest updates: Jonathan van Tam dismisses concerns over NHS readiness; Tories disruptive over PM’s reported chief of staff plans
- England students to get six-day window to get home before Christmas
- Austerity left north of England more vulnerable to Covid, report says
- Totnes concerns reflect UK-wide rise in conspiracy theories
- Care home called police after woman sneaked in to see husband
- Global coronavirus updates – live
Starmer says lives would have been saved if the government had locked down earlier, and jobs would have been saved if furlough had been extended earlier.
Why is the government failing the self-employed?
Starmer says this is taxpayers’ money. The PM may not value it, but people do. He quotes a contract for face masks worth £150m. How many face masks were delivered?
Johnson says we are in the middle of a global pandemic. He says the government has to work with the private sector. Some are better than others. But the government has to work with them, even if Labour hates them.