- Trump makes series of falsehoods in White House press conference
- Votes still being counted in Pennsylvania, Georgia and Nevada
- Biden calls for calm as America anxiously awaits results
- Why are the media reporting different US election results?
- Trump v Biden – full results as they come in
- Senate and House elections – full results as they come in
After Donald Trump falsely declared victory at his White House press conference, claiming, “If you count the legal votes, I easily win” – Joe Biden responded: “No one is going to take our democracy from us.”
Several news outlets cut away from Trump and the Associated Press – which the Guardian relies on to project election results – swiftly clarified that it “has not declared a winner in the presidential race, with several states still too early to call”.
No one is going to take our democracy away from us. Not now, not ever.
America has come too far, fought too many battles, and endured too much to let that happen.
We have a few more results coming in from Arizona:
Biden’s lead has continued to slightly shrink after Cochise county released new results. Biden got 40% of about 6,000 ballots processed in that county. The president trails his Democratic challenger by 57,986 votes.