The UK, France, Portugal, Greece and Denmark break new daily cases records; New Zealand confirms its first community exposure to Omicron found in a fully vaccinated arrival from the UK
- No new Covid restrictions in England before new year: Boris Johnson
- Denmark world’s highest infection rate: 1,612 cases per 100,000 people
- Omicron ‘not same disease’ as other Covid waves, UK scientist says
- Biden says US Covid surge should be ‘a source of concern but not panic’
- CDC: those who test Covid positive with no symptoms isolate just 5 days
- See all our coronavirus coverage
India has recorded another 9,195 confirmed coronavirus cases in the past 24 hours, according to recently released data from its health ministry.
A further 302 deaths were also recorded, bring the total death toll to 480,592.