US president addresses world from hospital; medical team says Donald Trump is ‘not out of the woods’; cases continue to surge across Europe
- President says ‘I think I’ll be back soon’ in four-minute video
- Panic and confusion permeate White House
- Can Johnson and Bolsonaro offer lessons for Trump?
- Scientists study whether immune response wards off or worsens Covid
- See all of our coronavirus coverage
Hello, Amy Walker here. Welcome to today’s live global coverage of the coronavirus pandemic.
The biggest news so far today is the US president Donald Trump’s continuing stay at a hospital after testing positive for Covid-19.