PM also claims workers heading back to offices ‘in huge numbers’; Gavin Williamson to face MPs after exams fiasco
- Decision due ‘very soon on delaying GCSEs and A-levels
- Gap between rich and poor pupils in England ‘grows by 46% in a year’
- Hancock favoured Tory areas with lockdown changes
- Little room for manoeuvre as UK Covid cases increase
- Latest global coronavirus updates
Bolton council is urging the government to abandon plans to ease the lockdown restrictions currently applying in the town from tomorrow, my colleague Josh Halliday reports.
NEW: Bolton council is asking govt to keep its Covid restrictions in place – less than 24 hours before they were due to be lifted – following a sharp rise in cases
Decision was taken by local leaders this morn, four days after Matt Hancock announced measures would be lifted.
Related: Hancock accused of favouring Tory areas with Covid lockdown changes in England